Thursday, April 17, 2014

Cherry Blossoms!!!

Hi guys!!! Long time and no post! I know... but things have been kind of nuts!

Right now, it's that brief period where the beautiful pink cherry blossoms bloom around here! My FAVORITE time of year because it's my FAVORITE flower. I mean... I am a cherry blossom bunny and my name is Sakura Bunny, which means cherry blossom in Japanese. :P

Aren't the lovely!? There are right outside mom's work!!!
 Mom promised I could go with her to see the pretty flowers. She said that they are very delicate and only last for about a week. Korick decided to come along with us too. He said that since this was a very special occasion (cherry blossoms blooming in Japan is a big deal! like a holiday week!) that we should wear our kimonos! We got up early and got dressed. I was so excited! I love going to work with mom!

We got to play in the waiting room at her work! You can see the trees from the windows! They are HUGE!!!


While I've been to work with mom several times since Halloween, I hadn't been allowed out of her work area. So this was the first time I'd been in the front office since last year! She said we couldn't work at the desk though once she opened the lobby doors. So we enjoyed the view while she got the lobby ready for the day.

We also got to visit Jillybean at work! She's come with us on vacation before and she's come home with mom for Christmas, but I've never seen her at work! She lives in a plant at the front desk and keeps watch over the waiting room. Patient love it when they see her peaking out over the leafs.

Korick and Jillybean catching up

We also got to meet Carl and Jillybeans zombie babies! Carl lives in the lab with mama's friend Manda. When we went to meet him, he.... was a little busy with a troll he found... O_O

Blurry picture because I was scared to get chomped on!

Jillybean and Carl's zombie children 
We'd planned to go out at lunch time to take pictures on campus but... mama said that since the sun had decided to shine, there was going to be a lot of people trying to soak up the sun. So, we decided to go next door to the grave yard to get pictures.


 We still took a few pictures along the way. :3





These are night camera effects, the light was just really bright when we went out. I really like the dreamy quality it gave some of the photos!


I... of course, wanted to climb one of the trees at mom's work before we set out though. I hop my kimono wasn't to high in the back! I don't need to be giving the people in the office behind a show!

There is an asian family shrine in part of the cemetery. Korick said that since we where dressed up for it, we should take pictures there. It has it's own pond!


More of those fun accidental dreamy light effects!


Mama looked and looked trying to remember where the cherry blossom trees where. The hospital has them everywhere, but in the graveyard they are more spread out. We came across one near another section of the graveyard mama is fond of. Just look at how pretty this one is!


So naturally, we climbed it!




Korick says my kimono makes me look like a pink angel! teehee :3


 He got tired of the coat part of his outfit. I kind of like him without it.


We climbed down and rested a bit under the pretty tree. It was so pretty to look up through all the pink flowers.




There was another tree in bloom that had beautiful white flowers. The blooms where as big as my ears!!! They had a purpley/pink color in the centers. Mama said she thought they where magnolias. The tree was covered in them but... well the petals where already starting to fall...



The ground around the tree was just covered in the petals. We could almost make snow angels! Well... petal angels. While we where playing in the petals, I saw the coolest thing though! I ran over to get a better look!


Isn't it awesome! It's a kitty on a grave marker!!! She looks like our Luna B.


We didn't get a shot of it, but there where stars and a lighthouse on the marker. It was so cool looking! It had a bench that I could clim.... I mean sit on.

It was about this time that mama said we had to start heading back to her work. So we made the trek back up the giant hill and across the street to her work. On the way, we stopped by the fontian and there was a duck!

Mama said that he and his wife live there. They come back every year. A few weeks ago the lady duck had followed mom to the main hospital. She almost came inside for coffee!!!




 But I could see that the white cherry blossoms where already starting to fall. Mama said they had bloomed about a week earlier then the pink ones. It was kind of sad to see them floating on the water...

We went back into mom's office and played in the book cases for a bit. The people in mom's work area are super nice to us when we come. I always like going with mom to work. I get lots of hugs, except for that one time I... I got bunny napped but that's a whole other story!


Soon, it was time to get back in the van and head home. The next day it rained and mama said that the pretty pink flowers where already starting to come off the trees. We had picked the best possible day for our adventure. It will be another year before I see them again all big and full. I've never seen pink trees before!


The petals are just so delicate! It's sad they only last a week or so...


I, on the other hand, WILL LAST FOREVER!!!!

I hope you enjoyed our adventure! I'll try and post more often now that I have my very own space for it!




2 comments:

  1. YEAH!! to your own blog cousin :)

    Looks like you had fun! :) You were nearly camouflaged in the blossom trees! :) You both looked very pretty in your kimonos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both Sakura Bunny and Korick thank you for that! Sakura Bunny loved playing in the trees!

    ReplyDelete